Re: RMAN crosscheck problem

From: <tom.moody_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2005 08:05:12 -0700

Have you tried the DELETE OBSOLETE commands or one of it's variations? Here is what I found in the RMAN docs at http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/9i/server.920/a96566/rcmquery.htm:

"Optionally, delete those backups that are obsolete. You can automatically delete obsolete backups and copies by issuing the DELETE OBSOLETE command. For example, you can enter: # delete obsolete backups and copies displayed when you issue REPORT OBSOLETE
DELETE OBSOLETE;
# delete obsolete backups and copies according to a specified recovery window
DELETE OBSOLETE RECOVERY WINDOW OF 7 DAYS; # delete obsolete backups and copies according to a specified redundancy
DELETE OBSOLETE REDUNDANCY = 2; Note that RMAN prompts you for confirmation before actually deleting the files. To suppress the prompt, specify the NOPROMPT option of the DELETE command. Specify FORCE to delete the files and remove their repository records regardless of whether the files exist. RMAN ignores any I/O errors for the deleted objects."