Re: Performance issue

From: bido <sideb_neb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2005 14:19:25 -0700

Back to my main question... the two queries are the same. The only difference is in the following snippet:

Query 1: ... AND build_id IN (SELECT build_id from build where .... ) ....

Query 2: ... AND build_id IN ('xxxx', 'yyyy' ,.....) ....

I want to understand how can query 1 be significantly faster than query 2 if the only different is that instead of the select statement in the snippet above is replaced with the actual result of this select statement?!! Received on Sat Sep 10 2005 - 16:19:25 CDT