Re: Performance issue

From: Bjarke Wedemeijer <bjarke_at_wedemeijer.dk>
Date: 11 Sep 2005 08:32:36 -0700

Hi Bido,

please provide a 10053 trace or an explain output. 10053 for your query can you enable by using dbms_system.set_ev / or you can run your queries by SQL*Plus by using:set autotrace on exp stat (see example below)

Without decent explain or 10053 output its just a guess why your query performance badly,

//best regards,
//bjarke.

SQL>
SQL> set autotrace on exp stat
SQL> select * from sys.dual

  2 ;

-

Execution Plan

Plan hash value: 272002086

| Id | Operation | Name | Rows | Bytes | Cost (%CPU)| Time  |

| 0 | SELECT STATEMENT | | 1 | 2 | 2 (0)| 00:00:01 |
| 1 | TABLE ACCESS FULL| DUAL | 1 | 2 | 2 (0)| 00:00:01 |

Statistics

          0  recursive calls
          0  db block gets
          3  consistent gets
          0  physical reads
          0  redo size
        414  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
        381  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
          2  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
          0  sorts (memory)
          0  sorts (disk)
          1  rows processed