Re: all_triggers

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:16:54 GMT

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:50:42 -0700, dw interested us by writing:

> Hello
>
> I don't want to grant the users access to views such as dba_triggers
> or dba_constraints. But there is requirement that the user needs to see
> the triggers owned by some other schema. Is there a way for a user to
> see the data from all_triggers when he doesn't own the trigger? Any
> ideas? Version 9.2.0
>
> Thanks

Why not use ALL_TRIGGERS?

How are the ALL_xxx views different from your requirement? Or why can the ALL_xxx views not be used as the basis for a view meeting your requirement?

Or are you considering letting the user see the triggers to which they do not have any access? If yes, I'd be curious about the business reason.

And (if you want a real maintenance hassle) you can always create a new set of views to meet your requirements based on the DBA_xxx view definitions.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com