Re: How to capture information to analyze high load peak?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 19:10:54 -0700

Comments embedded.
AnySQL (d.c.b.a) wrote:
> I also wrote some tool, otop and opmon, I like otop, and using it now
> to find and resolve problems, and I want to enhance it.
>
> http://www.anysql.net/en/otop.html
> http://www.anysql.net/en/opmon.html
>
> My tool always catch SQL in statspack, but statspack never catch SQL in
> my tool.

Were your 'tool' to actually work I could verify this, however it fails to run on Solaris10 and on Windows XP Professional:

C:\sun>otop_win32_trial -s *******
ERROR: OCIServerAttach()

/export/home/oracle> ./otop_solaris_trial -S ****** ld.so.1: otop_solaris_trial: fatal:
/oraunix/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib/libclntsh.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Killed

The opmon trial behaves in exactly the same way:

/export/home/oracle> ./opmon_solaris_trial -S ******* ld.so.1: opmon_solaris_trial: fatal:
/oraunix/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib/libclntsh.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Killed

> And I found STATSPACK cannot be used to analyze the load peak.

>From my experience neither can your 'tool', but then it can't be used
for anything as it doesn't execute.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 21:10:54 CDT