Re: How to capture information to analyze high load peak?

From: Thomas Kyte <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 11:33:52 -0700

In article <1126107478.777172_at_yasure>, DA Morgan says...

>AnySQL (d.c.b.a) wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>
>> When managing a lot of databases, some databases always hit
>> short-time load peak, it's hard to monitor, so need to write program to
>> capture the information to analyze it to find the root cause of the
>> load peak.
>>
>> What information usually required? Any currently avaiable tools?
>>

>> anysql from china
>> http://www.anysql.net/en/
>
>9i ... Learn StatsPack ... Tom Kyte recommends running it routinely
>every 15-20 minutes

just to clarify - if you want to try and TUNE with statspack - a 15 minute snapshot or thereabouts it what you want. you do not want a 3 hour snapshot, that is too long, things are too averaged.

If you want to TREND with statspack - hourly observations are good (the average transactions per second between 2pm and 3pm are ... type of trending)

--
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Public Sector