Re: Oracle 10g dbconsole on AIX

From: <madhu.vajrala_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 11:46:31 -0700

Hi,
I also have similar problems with AIX 5.3. After a little research, I found below

AWT (J2SE v1.3) requires access to an X server to generate images from a "DBCONSOLE" application on UNIX, an X server must be available, and the "location" of the X server must be communicated to AWT.

AWT (J2SE v1.4) removes the X server dependency through a feature known as "headless" Java.

But IBM's implementation of Java, Suport for the "headless" is missing.

I have talked to My SA, and she says, we can use "J2SE" from sun, instead from IBM. But we didn't try that one yet.

Hope this helps !!
Madhu Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 13:46:31 CDT