Oracle 10g dbconsole on AIX

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:07:40 +0200

Hi,

I got the Oracle 10g (10.1.0.4) dbconsole up and running on AIX 5.2 after much trial & errors (it didn't start out of the box), and I have some questions regarding the use of it :
- did anyone else had problems on AIX 5.2 ? Is it just my (first) impression
or is this product very unstable and complex to install and debug ?
- the console requires a RUNNING X-Windows session ? No way to keep it
running all the time ? What about auto-start after a system reboot ?
- SYSMAN/SYSTEM : both have the DBA role, what is the recommended user to
login to the console ?
- Oracle 10g EM Grid Control : if I use this, I don't need the dbconsole
anymore, right ? So I need an agent instead on all the servers ? And can I manage Oracle 8.0.5/8i/9i with 10g EM ?

Thanks for the feedback :-)
Matthias Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 13:07:40 CDT