Re: TO_CHAR - differences v.8.1.7 vs. 9.2.0

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:43:28 +0100

"Randi W" <randiwolner_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Usually I have already read the messages prior to the one I answer, so I
> actually have not thought about hitting ctrl-end before. If this is regarded
> as better netiquette I will certainly change my way.

> And BTW I have thought of this forum as a place for getting advices and
> ideas, sharing experiences etc. in a friendly manner. Getting your kind of
> grumpy anwers really make me change my mind about this and about using it at
> all.

Don't be put off by "grumpy" advice, after all you're getting it for free. If you lurk around here for a while, you will see that all posters who top post get asked in no uncertain terms to desist. Some posters even state specifically in their .sig that they will not help with top-posted queries.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.