Re: Control file recovery

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:25:34 +0200

On 5 Sep 2005 05:17:47 -0700, "Pradeep" <agarwalp_at_eeism.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply,
>
>>>If you don't have the online redolog how should Oracle synchronize
>>>those bit of information during database open?
>
>But if you see points 1 and 3 above it says online redo logs available.
>So in short if the datafiles are current & the online log files are
>available why does it have to do RESETLOGS.
>
>Also please answers my Question 2.

Did you actually read my reply? Probably not, or you simply don't understand it.
I was talking about controlfile, datafile and online redologs being *NOT IN SYNC* with respect to administrative data!

And if online redologs are not available during open they are recreated automatically, albeit with incorrect administratieve information.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA