Re: Control file recovery

From: Pradeep <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2005 05:59:06 -0700

>>Did you actually read my reply? Probably not, or you simply don't
>>understand it.
>>I was talking about controlfile, datafile and online redologs being
>>*NOT IN SYNC* with respect to administrative data!

>>And if online redologs are not available during open they are
>>recreated automatically, albeit with incorrect administratieve
>>information.

Sybrand,

Sorry, but i am still not clear. What i have understood is that the log sequence number and SCN number might not be same in redo logs and in the backup control file. but i am still not able to understand what happens after RESETLOGS. Does the data which is there in the Online logs are lost ??? What happens to the data in Datafiles ??  I know this might be annoying you, but i'll really appreciate if you can try to explain in simple. Received on Mon Sep 05 2005 - 07:59:06 CDT