Re: standby database on standard edition (once again) 10g

From: Dariusz Adamiak <dadamiak_at_wp.pl>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:32:52 +0200

> The documentation on dataguard (Dataguard concepts and administration) is
> quite verbose on
> the matter. You should follow that step by step.
>
> You can find the documentation at
>
> http://tahiti.oracle.com/
>
> (Registration required, but the best investment you can make regarding
> oracle)
>
> If you have trouble with specific steps, let us know but after you've read
> the relevant
> documentation.

Hi, Thank You for help and patience,

I intented to do standby on standard version (no data guard) but ok, first I try to follow procedure from Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration, chapter 3 Creating a Physical Standby Database, unfortunetly still dont know how should I create stanby from backup there is:

3.2 Creating Physical Standby Database
3.2.1 backup database
3.2.2 creating contrlo file
3.2.3 initialization parameter (pfile)

!!3.2.4 copy files from primary system to the standby system!! /just system copy backup, standby, initialization parameters/ 3.2.5 set up envirnoment
step1 windows based service
step 2 create password file
step 3 create listener
step 4 enable broken connection detection step 5 create ora net service names (for log transport i think) step 6 create server parameter /standby/

and :::
3.2.6 start physical standby database
step 2 start physical standby database ( SQL> startup open read only) /etc...

thats all? what for first i did backup?
or when i load backup or ....

or just i dont understand one thing, one small part of DBA.... heh sorry,

first i'll try with enterprise and Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration step by step

regards

Dariusz Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 08:32:52 CDT