Re: How to optimize query's execution?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 30 Aug 2005 06:07:31 -0700

uf wrote:
> How to optimize query's execution? By using hints? Here is execution plan
> for statement returning 3390 records in about 10 sec:
>
> Execution Plan
> 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE
> 1 0 SORT (ORDER BY)
> 2 1 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'MY_KEYS'
> 3 2 NESTED LOOPS
> 4 3 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'MY_STATE'
> 5 4 INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'MY_STATE' (NON-UNIQUE)
> 6 3 INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'MY_KEYS_IDX' (NON-UNIQUE)
>
> What can be done?

Who could possibly answer that question? You've provided no Oracle version information, no operating system information, no query text, no table definitions, no samples of the table data or any information as to the configuration of your database (file locations, init.ora parameters) so of what good is the explain plan? Yes, it provides reading material, however that does not provide enough data to even begin formulating a plan of action, if one is even needed.

Provide the requested information; when WE know what you're doing it's possible we can make a valid assessment of your situation. Until then your question is nothing but noise.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Aug 30 2005 - 08:07:31 CDT