Re: How to do a "fuzzy" or approximate matching of strings in a SQL where clause

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:55:41 -0400

You can look into Warehouse Builder OWB_MATCH_MERGE package, that allows to do couple of fuzzy matches. Fuctions are Similarity, Jaro_Winkler, JW_SIMILARITY, DOUBLE_METAPHONE, EDIT_DISTANCE. I suppose that purchase of 1 license of OWB is required to legally use this package on all databases in your enterprise.