Re: Why is "shutdown abort", then backup bad

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 04:12:39 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote: Aug 8, 11:32 am

> Will I be forgiven if I do Hale Mary and Our Father 10 times?

I think my point has been driven home.

I did not consciously attempt to pick you out from the crowd Mladen. This group can be a bit tight nit and often people are challenged not on the way they write something, but the way they write something and who they are. If Daniel Morgan or Sybrand Bakker had written "RTFM", it would have just reconfirmed the audience opinions of them. And importantly few old hands in the newsgroup would challenge them. If Daniel wrote racist of xenophobic comments, few old hands would challenge him too. OTOH if I make one small comment asking people to stop writing RTFM, the whole group comes down on me.

Anyway, I will not be asking people to not write RTFM in the future. This isn't the sort of thread I want showing up when someone does a search on my name, whether or not my argument is valid or not.

Regards
Barry Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 06:12:39 CDT