Re: No future for DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:38:22 -0600

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1122535579.736040_at_yasure...
> Not the case at all. I'll bet hard dollars that when Oracle
> get done fusing Oracle Apps with PeopleSoft ... some of what
> will disappear is existing Oracle Apps replaced by superior
> PeopleSoft design.
>
> Informix will be lucky if it gets the respect Oracle has
> given to RDB. More likely it will be to IBM what Fox is
> to Microsoft. And that is a shame.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Peoplesoft is already superior to Oracle HR, but Oracle is pushing their HR package over Peoplesoft.

IBM has already incorporated many Informix features into DB2 and more are in development. This was the plan from day 1, since the buyout was mostly because of the intellectual capital they got from Informix.

There are more and more Informix compatibility syntax commands in the DB2 products, as documented in the manuals. Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 18:38:22 CDT