Re: Question: RMAN frustration

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 20 Jul 2005 08:38:05 -0700

> I better compare the feature lists of the 2 versions before I get in a
> twist about that side of it. There is also some sense out there that
> 9i's RMAN is better than 8i, but I think it's more the case that the
> version 7 RMAN is the one that sucked. If it's the case that both the
> 8i and 9i executables can provide me with the required functionality
> and stability, I imagine that upgrading the catalogs will allow me to
> back up all instances centrally.

> I'll do some more digging. Thanks!

8i with enough patching works ... sometimes ...

9i is much better and at least from my point of view became better enough to become useful

You may want to check out Robert Freeman's rman book I think he outlines the compatibility things that can burn you pretty well there and points to relevant oracle documentation. Received on Wed Jul 20 2005 - 10:38:05 CDT