Re: After I remove the online fuzzy tag of the datafile, can it be safe on standby?

From: chao_ping <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 03:42:53 -0700

Hi,
  When it is really necessary copy big datafiles/archivelogs through slow network, you may try rsync -z flag. It works great when you have relatively slow link compared to your datafile/archivelog size. It does greatly improve speed when link slow.

  And for rman restore, I simply do a full backup, and then backup controlfile , as the controlfile now have the information about the backup done, when restore to new box, I restore controlfile, and use the controlfile to restore the database. (we backup to diskk and then tar to tape that time.). Received on Tue Jul 12 2005 - 05:42:53 CDT