Re: After I remove the online fuzzy tag of the datafile, can it be safe on standby?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2005 14:40:56 -0700

chao_ping:

I have a situation where the only link between the standby and the primary is a network link that is far too small relative to the size of the db to copy or share anything. So I merely copy the backup to a tape and send someone there on a plane. The RMAN standby storage is made to look like the primary storage through unix links, that is the big trick to not having actual shared storage.

Sometimes I have to play funny games with crosschecking so RMAN doesn't try to apply newer backup files that have been created on the primary while the tape is waiting for the airplane (I'm not using a catalog).

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96629/dbresource.htm#1019838 shows one way you can switch back and forth. I would guess Mladen had coordinated a time to deal with any app issues, I would hope no one would try to schedule a SAN upgrade during a busy time or when someone is running long transactions.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050707/news_lz1c07offer.html