Re: LOCK_SGA on Oracle 8.1.7 (win2000)

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2005 07:33:16 -0700

Heini Nolsøe wrote:
> As mentioned before I have set up an Oracle 10G database to test LOCK_SGA. ...
> LOCK_SGA=FALSE
>
> TASKMANAGER
> MEM USAGE : 156.908 K
> VM SIZE : 154.352 K

> LOCK_SGA=TRUE
>
> TASKMANAGER
> MEM USAGE : 158.168 K
> VM SIZE : 154.544 K
I don't know how to explain. Your Mem Usage and VM Size are about the same. Would changing your database SGA to a much higher and lower value make any difference? Say, 100M and 200M. What is it set to now?

You did stop and restart the OS service when restarting the database, didn't you? I mean OracleService<SID>. And you don't have ORA_WORKINGSETxxx set in registry?

Yong Huang Received on Fri Jul 08 2005 - 09:33:16 CDT