Re: 10g RAC design options

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:02:50 -0700

Connor McDonald wrote:

> You'll hear Larry always talking about "lots of Linux boxes" ... but
> they didn't do that for their own mega Apps database. They went 4 x
> Sun....hmmmm

Actually my understanding, as of about 6 months ago, is that there were only 2 of the big Sun boxes left in Redwood Shores.

Shops I know are abandoning them because simply put the cost of the support agreement is greater than the cost of their replacement with brand new equipment and its support agreement.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org