Re: reading the oracle files

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:43:48 +0100

liorlew_at_gmail.com wrote:

>When I say I know there is a way, it means that I know there are
>programs like "fast uploading" (or something like that. the pupose of
>the query is to create a usage repot of all celular services (SMS, MMS,
>PTT...) for a big provider in USA, so it will be much more that
>40,000,000. in fact this is the amount of record I am testing it on.

Well, Tom Kyte says that you should always test with realistic data sets and volumes. If it's going to be more than 40M records, then test the damn thing with more than 40M records. If your client is a "big provider" in the USA, then usage reports are going into more records than that. BTW, what do mean by "big"? How many records, on average, are you looking at daily/weekly/monthly/yearly with your current system?

>The goal is to see if 2 table are syncronised. meaning that there are
>no record in one that does not exist in the other and other way around.

Hmmm.... if a record exists in one table and not another?... Why have separate tables?

Or are you talking about trying to synchronise two different db's on the same (or different) machine(s)?

>I tried, using MINUS , not exists , not in + HASH_AJ .... but I did not
>get lower than 8 minutes for 10,000,000 records. and this is whay I am
>tring to find another way.

D'apres ce que j'ai compris de votre lecteur d'actualites, vous etes francophone? Alors, suivez les conseils qui sont donnes dans ma signature - DDL, DML (+ numero de records dans votre SGBDR), version de Systeme d'Exploitation (du ou des systemes), version d'Oracle et on pourrais peut-etre vous aider.

Salutations.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.