Re: reading the oracle files

From: <liorlew_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2005 04:09:22 -0700

ok so:
1. we are developing the system in israel, so we do not have access to the read Db.
2. the new table contain only 4 columns of the other table. so we need 2 table and not 1.
3. the new table doesn't exist on customer site so we cannot test it there.
4 the query (i CANNOT USE THE READ NAMES):

 Version 1:

SELECT /+ PARALLEL (TB1,4) */
       TB1.ID
  FROM TABLE1 TB1

 WHERE TB1.CYCLE=100
   AND TB1.MONTH=12
   AND TB1.SERVICE IN ('sms',mms'....)
      MINUS
SELECT /+ PARALLEL (TB2,4) */
       TB2.ID

  FROM TABLE2 TB2
 WHERE TB2.CYCLE=100
   AND TB2.MONTH=12
   AND TB2.SERVICE IN ('sms',mms'....)

Version 2:
SELECT /+ PARALLEL (TB1,4) */
       TB1.ID
  FROM TABLE1 TB1

 WHERE TB1.CYCLE=100
   AND TB1.MONTH=12
   AND TB1.SERVIVE IN ('sms',mms'....)
   AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT null
                     FROM TABLE2 TB2
                    WHERE TB2.CYCLE=100
                      AND TB2.MONTH=12
                      AND TB2.SERVICE IN ('sms',mms'....)
                      and TB1.ID = TB2.ID));

Version 3:
SELECT /+ PARALLEL (TB1,4) */
       TB1.ID
  FROM TABLE1 TB1

 WHERE TB1.CYCLE=100
   AND TB1.MONTH=12
   AND TB1.SERVICE IN ('sms',mms'....)
   AND TB1.ID  NOT IN (SELECT /+ hash_aj(TB2) */
                              TB2.ID
                         FROM TABLE2 TB2
                        WHERE TB2.CYCLE=100
                          AND TB2.MONTH=12