Re: Oracle 10g on Solaris 10?

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:23:37 +0100

"David E. Grove" <david_grove_at_correct.state.ak.us> wrote:

>Our agency is doing a test development with the free license, thus we
>currently have no support (nor did we expect any). We did expect to be able
>to install the product on Solaris 10, which is a supported platform for this
>product.
>We were wrong.

If it is a supported platform, then Oracle has every reason to let you use the test licence - it's the one I use myself (I'm a programmer trying to make the transition to Oracle DBA). As long as you don't deploy anything moneymaking, it's in Oracle's interests to support you (or at least your platform). Try your local (Arkansas? Maybe Bill can help? 8-)) sales office and see what they say.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.