Re: intermittent very high waits in LGWR on Linux?

From: bugbear <bugbear_at_trim_papermule.co.uk_trim>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:44:08 +0100

bugbear wrote:
> It appears that I am suffering from
> some kind of LGWR process scheduling issue,
> possibly OS related.

Heh. I was suffering from bug 2379350.

I assume that most of the good people here are wise enough to keep their instances
patched, and thus haven't had the misfortune to experience this bug. Trust me. If you've got it, you'd know about it :-)

Anyhoo. My colleague just installed
the 9.2.0.6 patch, and my inserts/second in my (dumb) test is now 465, which is
faster than Oracle 10.

My hearty thank to all the experienced
and helpful people here, and special thanks to Noons, who went above and beyond
the call of USENET duty.

   BugBear Received on Tue Jul 05 2005 - 05:44:08 CDT