db_file_multiblock_read_count

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:05:13 +0200

Hi,

What would be the recommended value for db_file_multiblock_read_count for an OLTP database (10g) on AIX 5.2 with JFS2 (and disk devices on SAN) ?

I did some benchmarks with Oracle 8.1.7 (dfmrc set to 8,16,32 and 64) but couldn't find any significant performance differences when executing full table or index scans (and yes I bounced the db before each test).

Is tuning this parameter still useful for Oracle 10g ?

Matthias

--
If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have
schizophrenia.