Oracle 10g ... is it solid / flakey / buggy / wonderful ... got an opinion?

From: <pete_usenet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 19:41:39 -0700

I'm only just getting into 10g myself.

I was wondering what general opinion do the folks in this group have of 10g? I suggest that any ORACLE RAC comments go in a similarly titled (but different) thread.

In particular I ask this with respect to: primarily - is it solid or buggy
secondarily - are the new DBA features useful

                     (auto mem tuning, ASM, etc.)

I'll bet that auto SGA tuning would be quite useful. As for ASM I'm on a vendor specific, super fancy, auto-hot-spot fighting RAID 5 and can't get off (wish I could), so I'm not sure it would benefit me.

I welcome any comments related to Oracle 10g.

Thanks,
Pete Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 21:41:39 CDT