Re: Performance difference between 2 machines

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2005 01:16:31 -0700

The obvious cause is the difference in database block size. Ct shouldn't have set it to 16k. Means one physical I/O executed by Oracle, will result in *2* physical I/Os on O/S level. Those two I/Os will suffer from rotational delay by the disks (ie, the second 16K will be read not immediately after the first). IMO, setting the database block size bigger than the O/S block size will result in massive delays... which is what we are seeing here.

Hth

---
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA