Re: ijob scheduler and isqlplus in Oracle 10G oon WIndows

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:35:59 -0700

premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am running Oracle 10.1.0.3 on Windows 2000 server. I installed Oracle
> from primary CD (no Companion CD).
>
> 1. When I created a database instance itgdev, I did not see
> OracleJobSchedulerITGDEV service in Start status type (it was in
> Manual state). Despite this, I see jobs such as PURGE_LOG and
> GATHER_DATABASE_STATISTICS (?) run every night? What is the purpose of
> OracleJobScheduler service then?
> 2. I did not see any service for isqlplus eventhough Oracle10g
> database control is being used. Why Oracle does not automatically
> install this service. I had to manually run isqlplussvcctl start
> command. Is there a way to add isqlplus as a service, so I don't
> have to manually start isqlplus. Also, sometimes I cannot connect to
> isqlplus eventhough it is started.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>

> Prem _

The jobs are related to AWR (diagnostic pack) and ASH (session history). These gather real-time statistics and hold them for a specified amount of time. For demos see http://www.psoug.org click on Morgan's Library
click on AWR

iSQLPlus is handled differently in 10g. Read the docs.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org