ijob scheduler and isqlplus in Oracle 10G oon WIndows

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 04:08:54 -0700

I am running Oracle 10.1.0.3 on Windows 2000 server. I installed Oracle from primary CD (no Companion CD).

  1. When I created a database instance itgdev, I did not see OracleJobSchedulerITGDEV service in Start status type (it was in Manual state). Despite this, I see jobs such as PURGE_LOG and GATHER_DATABASE_STATISTICS (?) run every night? What is the purpose of OracleJobScheduler service then?
  2. I did not see any service for isqlplus eventhough Oracle10g database control is being used. Why Oracle does not automatically install this service. I had to manually run isqlplussvcctl start command. Is there a way to add isqlplus as a service, so I don't have to manually start isqlplus. Also, sometimes I cannot connect to isqlplus eventhough it is started.

Thanks a lot,

Prem _ Received on Thu Jun 16 2005 - 06:08:54 CDT