Re: Anyone use the Automatic Shared Memory Management in 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:32:43 -0700

HansF wrote:

> Billy, I agree with your comments about ASM. It's an area that has great
> potential, and will be very significant in my work - once it's 'mature'.
> When it works, it's very good. At this time, I find it still needs a bit
> of coddling.

Hans,

If you have ASM issues contact Kent directly. He has done extensive work with it and now recommends it as "best practice". Kent and I just submitted an article to OTN/Oracle Magazine on ASM that will likely be published on the web site in the next few weeks.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org