Can I use ODL and OQL in Oracle ?

From: <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2005 02:54:09 -0700

Hi,

Recently I read a database book, one chapter is about ODL (Object Definition Language) and OQL (Object Query Language). I still dont really get it :

  1. Can I use ODL / OQL on Oracle ? Or it can only be implemented on 'pure ODBMS' only ? (while Oracle is not ODBMS, is it?)
  2. If the answer is Yes, does it mean I can access Oracle, e.g : from Java, without any O/R Mapping or JDBC layer ?

Thank you for any help,
Krist Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 04:54:09 CDT