Re: Oracle migration on Solaris 10 takes forever

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 14:30:11 -0700

AAA: Have you looked in the alert log to see if it is complaining about anything? I have my doubts that copying executables between Solaris versions will properly access linked libraries - do a chatr on the oracle executable to see. Are you changing from 32 bit to 64 bit? The datafiles could be different.

Dusan's answer is the most correct, of course. You could also create tables as select from the original over a dblink to a fresh O9 if you don't have too many tables and know how to do the ancillary stuff involved.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.iloverichardcheese.com/buy.html