Re: Loading 300 million records

From: Daniel <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2005 13:42:49 -0700

I was thinking specifically of trying something of the sort "INSERT /*+ append nologging */ INTO email_demographic   (SELECT /*+ parallel( a, 4 ) */ *
   FROM TABLE( CAST( etl.transform( CURSOR(SELECT * FROM ext_tab ))

                 AS email_demo_nt_t)) a);"
, as described on the second-to-last page (I agree that nologging is not a valid hint, he probably meant to make the email_demographic nologging, with "alter table ..."). But besides that, the paper seemed to include nice advice on large volume import of data (but I admit I've just read the paper, and not tried anything myself).

Daniel Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 15:42:49 CDT