Re: Read only transaction problem

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2005 13:49:43 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:

>Different statements? So don't write different statements.

How do you create multiple tables in one statement? Do you mean create a table, assemble all the data from a single statement and then split it into the desired tables? Or some sort of autonomous transaction?

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Last time I looked create table was DDL,
> and insert into DML.
>
> DDL always does an implicit commit.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

DDL does two implicit commits. If the DDL fails, the first one is not undone.

Roses are red
pink is my toe
come on now people
listen to Xho!