Re: Slow OLTP users 14CPU SunFire

From: <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2005 13:35:01 -0700

I think your problem is more than just a matter of disk layout. I would get an idea on what the sessions are really waiting on and if they are waiting on 'log file sync' I would find out what my average wait time is, during the wait. You can get these answers from v$session_wait and v$session_event if you know which sessions are the victims.

100 commits a second is nothing to log writer. A well tuned redo should be able to handle sveral thousand commits per second. SAN or disk layout would make some difference but not between several thousand and a hundred.

I am suspecting you have other blocking reasons.

However, I would still highly recommend switching to raw. It is easy (for redo) and the effect is immediate. You should see very obvious improvement. Part of your noticeable problem is not using raw and have redo mirrors. Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 15:35:01 CDT