Read only transaction problem

From: cookie monster <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:13:21 +0200

Hi,

Using Oracle 9iR2

I have this problem whereby I want to read from 10 tables that have FK and the data is always changing. Therefore I use the option SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY. Works fine. But now I want to read these 10 tables and create NEW tables with consistent data (using pl/sql). The problem is I can't perform any insert of new data because I get an error that the transaction is read only.

Is there any way around this problem? I just want to create a copy of these 10 tables with consisitent data. Any ideas??

thx. Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 07:13:21 CDT