Re: IMP Please Explanation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:14:05 -0700

Carlos Andres Fuentealba F. wrote:
> please anyone can explain how i can import a file?
> i have a *.dat file.. please when i use imp command this tell me "only DBA
> can do this"..

Assuming the file was really created by an EXPORT then the message is correct and you can not. Go find someone with DBA privileges to do it for you.

In the future please indicate the exact product and version number as well as why you believe the .dat file is the result of an EXPORT. It may help things a lot.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org