Re: update statement PL/SQL

From: <pobox002_at_bebub.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 09:58:39 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:

> How did you figure all of this out from the OP's original post?
>
> Here is what the OP wrote:
> "I try to update data from 1 table from another table."
>
> All the materialized views on the planet will not update a table.

Because I read the full post including the sentence after your selective quote.

I will admit I assumed a one to many relationship from employee to sales to lead me to the materialized view suggestion, and the answer to the update question which I also provided having an an aggregate function.

I am not suggesting that a materialized view be used to update a table. I am suggesting the materialized view be used instead of updating a table.

--
MJB