SQL transaction timeout

From: <pplppp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2005 09:10:48 -0700

I'm using Oracle8i and I use ProC to write embedded PL/SQL in the client application. If the client executes some SQL query but the database is not responding due to slowness, is there anyway for the client to timeout the transaction? I looked in the documentation but couldn't find anyway to set the timeout.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 11:10:48 CDT