Re: Newbie needs to create a client/server system

From: <shivesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2005 08:39:08 -0700

Hi people..

actually the question that i asked is if you guys have any pointers to any WEBSITES or BOOKS that I can read.

I would like to make another thing clear: This application will be developed in-house, so we wont hire anyone to do this.

Now, I got my hands on a book called: "Guide to Oracle 9i" ISBN 0-619-1595906. It seems like a perfect book for me, it talks about form builders, oracle admin stuff, SQL stuff...and sample database. It contains step-by-step instructions. I know that Oracle comes out with something like Oracle10g, but for small organization like ours, I think 9i shuold be fine.

I also just finished reading most of "Database Design for Mere Mortals" by some dude that works @ Microsoft. I think it helps me somewhat with DB design.

Today I'm going to call Oracle customer service and get a quote on their 9i software license cost, and I'm thinking about charging my company 5K-7K for this proejct. Hopefully the customer service can actually guide me to what software I would need from them.

Well, if you guys have any comments/suggestions that will be useful (such as great books or links to any good tutorials), I will appreciate it a lot. Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 10:39:08 CDT