Re: Has anyone ever got Wallet working with both root & user certs?

From: Preston Kemp <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:00:48 GMT

Rick Wessman wrote:

> In article <vqs5e.12605$S9.9050_at_newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, Preston Kemp
> says...
> >
> > I'm starting to wonder if I'm on a hiding to nothing with my ongoing
> > SSL problems. I finally managed to get a user cert to register in
> > Wallet by generating a Certificate Request & getting the CA to
> > create a new user certificate from that. That side seems to have
> > worked as I can't now delete the Trusted Certificate from Wallet as
> > it recognises there's a related User Certificate.
> >
> > However my simple utl_http.request still isn't working - I'm now
> > getting:
> >
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kgazmo_1]
> >
> > If I remove the user certificate, I get exactly the same error,
> > which I presume indicates the client authentication is failing.
> >
> > Unfortunately the company I'm working for are too small for Oracle
> > to give them a support contract, and the third party (partner)
> > support company haven't got 10g installed & know nothing about
> > Wallet.
> >
> > So as per the subject, has anyone ever done this, in any version of
> > Oracle? I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that it is
> > possible, as all I've had so far is lots of "it should be possible".
> >
> > This is using 10.1.0.4.0 (the latest patch) on Win2K.
> >

> The ORA-600 error has nothing to do with the wallet problem.

Not sure I entirely agree with that, as changing the URL to a non-secure site, or even a secure site that doesn't require a user certificate, works fine. Hence my question being specifically if anyone's managed it with a site that does require both trusted & user certificates.

> It's
> indicating that there is an internal error in the Oracle server
> code. To get it resolved, you'll need to contact Oracle support.

If only I could :-/

--
Preston.