Re: Space Management w/ LMTs

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:57:45 +1000

NetComrade apparently said,on my timestamp of 8/04/2005 8:25 AM:

> Was looking for something more specific, like this:

Know what you mean, but one could argue that this:

> decode(allocation_type, 'UNIFORM',
> dfs.free_space/dt.next_extent) uniform_extents_avail,

is not really relevant anymore with LMT. Although of course you might still want to use next_extent and initial_extent, the whole idea with LMT is to throw away all that concern. Just use LMTs of suitable uniform extent size and place the objects accordingly: bingo, no more worries. Other than bugs, of course... ;)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto