Re: Recovery Question

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 12:44:03 -0700

Sure that works why not? It's a tried and proven recovery scenario.

I have not followed this whole thread.

>From what I have read this is what I am guessing.

When you do a "recover database using backup controlfile" oracle really doesn't know where to stop recovering.

It starts by getting the control files and the datafiles consistent then starts applying archive log files past the involved SCN's until it doesn't have any more archive logs, right?

You have under your control the ability to issue a CANCEL anytime you want right? That will stop the applying of any archive log's that you don't want to apply.

So what's the problem? Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 14:44:03 CDT