Re: migriate the oracle9204 throught copying datefile between different linux.

From: yoke wang <cnwy_at_263.net>
Date: 6 Apr 2005 18:37:51 -0700

> Regrettably this is NOT true. All database files are O/S dependent.
> consequently a platform swap requires the exp/imp juggle.
>
> The O/P will fail miserably thanks to your advice.

   But I don't think RedFlag DC Server4.1(2.4.21-9.30AX smp) and RedHat Advanced Server3.0(update 3 kernel 2.4.21-20 smp) are two different OS in essential.It just likes the relationship of Redhat9 and Redhat Advanced Server.

   The only differece is the kernel,and I installed oracle9204 with the same install disks(both using gcc 296).And the datafiles are on a ext3 filesystem on the Disk Array.

   I want to know how many risk for this case and what they are on earth.

   BTW,Must I reintall the oracle if I upgrade the kernel?

Thanks. Received on Wed Apr 06 2005 - 20:37:51 CDT