Re: FAQ - Etiquette - and how to get an answer

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 15:13:20 -0800

>bbulsara23 wrote:
>> You are posting this same message again and again and the people
that
>> write the snarky unhelpful comments that start all the flame wars
are
>> not reading it. We all know if you ask a question in this newsgroup,

I think some of those who flamebait do read it, and perhaps flame because of Daniel's and others posts. I don't think Daniel does any unsolicited flamebaiting. I think the worst flamebaiting comes from those who feel baited by some of the regulars posts. Perhaps the worst are confusing a direct and honest reply to their posts with a personal attack. Perhaps the posts you call snarky could or should be ensconsed in fine alpaca wool. This is usenet, lack of social grace is an honored tradition. Generally taking the high road, polite pointers towards netiquette are all you should really do to respond if you don't want to be seen as a pot calling the kettle black.

>> The lag has gone. Postings show up immediately.

>Funny thing - 4 hours later and groups.google.ca > cdo.server does not

>have this post (your comment) yet. (I use PAN - generally min. delay)

Periodically google groups doesn't even show the current _days_ posts. All of google is a hack. That is why it has been so successful. Databases are so much easier when you don't have to deal perfectly with transactional, integrity or SLA issues.

Just bill people with no verification and no recourse! Now _that's_ a freakin' business plan!

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/watch_topic?tid=fee10d0542709e32