Re: FAQ - Etiquette - and how to get an answer

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:03:12 GMT

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:56:04 -0800, bbulsara23 wrote:

> You are posting this same message again and again and the people that
> write the snarky unhelpful comments that start all the flame wars are
> not reading it. We all know if you ask a question in this newsgroup,
  <snip>

And a few people do read it. And some of those are newbies who do actually get some use out of that.

BTW - what other aliases are you using, so we can get an idea of how many useful replies you have posted.

>> One of the archives and entry points  for this news group (with a lag
>> of about 48 hours) is: http://www.google.com
>>     select the GROUPS tab
>>     then work through the list to
>>         comp -> databases -> oracle
>> then pick the most appropriate of the four available.

> The lag has gone. Postings show up immediately.

Funny thing - 4 hours later and groups.google.ca > cdo.server does not have this post (your comment) yet. (I use PAN - generally min. delay)

Fact is, lag is variable and Jonathan was probably trying to tell posters that delays happen, so don't get buns in a knot and repost after 5 minutes.

So if you consider this an error, you are somewhat off-base.

/Hans Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 12:03:12 CST