Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:07:43 GMT

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:48:03 -0600, T.Kindermann wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> we are running a OMS on a Oracle 9.2.0.5 Database and 2 production servers
> with Oracle 9.2.0.5
>
> Now we must change the hardware (new ip-adress,...)
>
> 1.) Can someone tell we how to change the hardware

Suggest looking through the docco and meta link. Latter should have latest info.

> 3.) What operation system should I use for OMS (Windows 2000 or Windows XP)

Either - but I personally prefer 2000 Pro. (I've had nothing but issues with XP, but that may be isolated to me, so I've totally given up on it.)

> 4.) Now we are running OMS from the installation medium oracle 9.2.0.1
> should we upgrade to 10g (Only the enterprise manger)

If you only have 9i databases, stick with the 9i OEM.

> and when 5.) can we administrate Oracle 9i databases with OMS 10 ?

Theoretically possible. A huge change in mind set (you will be using Grid Control.) Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 12:07:43 CST