Re: Pls help me with this migration scenario..

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 26 Mar 2005 05:05:27 -0800

xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> The problem is : there is 3 million rows, and many times I get
> constraint error and I have to re-do the INSERT INTO... and get
another
> error...

It would help people to respond if you supplied enough detail.

What constraint error?

If it's a foreign key thing then you can ditch or disable the foreign key constraint, fix the data, then recreate or enable the foreign key.

There are some tricks involved in doing this quickly but for only 3 million rows it probably doesn't matter. Received on Sat Mar 26 2005 - 07:05:27 CST