Pls help me with this migration scenario..

From: <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2005 01:47:08 -0800

Hi All,

I am migrating Tables from SQL Server 2000 into Oracle 9i on AIX. In Oracle the tables have new structure.
I have done OMWB so that now I have the data in Oracle , BUT still in old structure.

So I do this :
  INSERT INTO [new structure]
    SELECT bla..bla.. FROM [old structure] (i have to do some manipulation on the old structure)

The problem is : there is 3 million rows, and many times I get constraint error and I have to re-do the INSERT INTO... and get another error...

So, what is the better scenario in this situation ? Should I export the [old structure] first (3 million rows) into TEXT and then use SQL Loader ?

Thank you for your help,
Krist Received on Sat Mar 26 2005 - 03:47:08 CST